Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
DRAWSOME! ZYNGA ADDS NEW SOCIAL FEATURES TO “DRAW SOMETHING”
Mobile Hit Gets Even More Social with New Functionality and Features for iOS and Android
SAN FRANCISCO – April 18th 2012 – Zynga, (NASDAQ: ZNGA), the world’s leading provider of social game services, today announced that Draw Something, the hit mobile game, is introducing a host of new features and functionality, including comments and share, for an even more fun, social experience. These new in-game features will be available for iOS and Android users to give players more ways to express themselves and share their hand-drawn creations.
“We’ve been completely blown away by how the world has responded to Draw Something. Our players continue to make the game their own and we want to help them do just that by giving them what they’ve asked for – more ways to share and connect with their friends,” said Dan Porter, vice president and general manager of Zynga Mobile New York. “We’re always focused on making Draw Something the most fun and social experience possible for our players.”
Draw Something is one of the most expressive mobile games ever built. The game is built on collaboration between friends and between all players. In this made-for-mobile game, one player draws a picture of a chosen word (starfish, anyone?) and the other must guess the word correctly before taking their own turn at drawing. Players earn coins by guessing pictures correctly and can earn shades of color for drawing even brighter, more eye-popping pictures.
New Draw Something features announced today include:
- Sharing is Caring: Show off your #humblebrag masterpieces and #epicfails on Facebook and Twitter in just two clicks. Plus, save drawings to your photo library to email to friends, or use as wallpaper. Available now on iOS, and coming soon for Android.
- Messaging (and Banter!): Let your fingers do the talking – through your drawings and through new Draw Something comments. Sometimes WTF? LMAO! or OMG! say it all. Attach a short message (up to 100 characters) to your drawing, and your partner will be able to respond after they guess. No more scribbling messages - just type it out. But no cheating!
- Pull Down to Refresh: Update your games in an instant with an easy way to refresh.
- Easy Undo: That mid-drawing sneeze is no challenge to your masterpiece, now just click the undo button to erase that last pesky stroke.
- 999 > 99: Blaze by the "100 Club" and challenge friends to take your streaks to 999.
Draw Something, which became a part of the Zynga family in March 2012, has captured the imagination of millions of people around the world. Draw Something fun facts include:
- Since launching, more than 6 billion drawings have been created
- Draw Something passed 50 million total installs (downloads) within 50 days
- Draw Something had three drawings per second the day the game launched
- At its peak, Draw Something typically generates 3,000 drawings per second
- Currently, the most popular words in Draw Something are: table, airplane, bubbles, starfish, birthday
- The least popular words in Draw Something are Picasso, Aardvark, arena
Zynga focuses on making its mobile games free, social, multi-platform and high-quality. Zynga Mobile continues to bring a variety of genres and games to reflect its players’ lifestyles and provide them with the social experiences they want, at any time and on any device, regardless of platform.
Draw Something is available for free on the the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch and for Google Play for Android devices.
Draw Something game images can be downloaded here https://zynga.box.com/s/8147b3040915d6a13437. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can also be found via the Zynga blog: http://www.zynga.com/about/blog.php.
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is the world's leading provider of social game services with more than 240 million monthly active users playing its games, which include CityVille, Zynga Poker, Draw Something, Hidden Chronicles, FarmVille, CastleVille, Words With Friends, Empires & Allies, Scramble With Friends, Café World, The Pioneer Trail, Indiana Jones™ Adventure World and Mafia Wars. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes.