Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
POP ‘TIL YOU DROP WITH ZYNGA’S NEWEST GAME, BUBBLE SAFARI
Newest Game is Zynga’s Entry into the Arcade Genre with Compelling Storyline, Groundbreaking Social Features Mixed with Traditional Arcade Elements
SAN FRANCISCO—May 9, 2012 - Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) the world’s leading provider of social game services, today announced the global launch of Bubble Safari, an innovative and social bubble shooter game adding fun, new twists to a class of arcade games that players know and love. Led by game veteran, Zynga senior creative director Mark Turmell, the game is the first to debut from Zynga San Diego and Zynga’s first new game to launch on Zynga.com. Bubble Safari, a game that truly redefines the bubble category, brings the world a brand new way to play with a rich and compelling storyline, as well as social features that connect you with friends and family in a meaningful way.
“We love the match-three bubble genre, and we challenged ourselves to see if there was a way to make this style of game more social and even more fun for our players,” said Mark Turmell, senior creative director of Bubble Safari. “I’ve been lucky enough to work on some of the greatest arcade titles in my career like NBA Jam and NFL Blitz and have infused the same creativity into a social game for the first time. I feel right at home in the arcade genre, and think Bubble Safari will bring bubble shooters to a whole new level of action-packed fun; it’s a blast to play.”
Bubble Safari players will be thrilled to see the bubble shooter genre brought to life with fun new twists, including:
- Beloved Bubbles: Meet the game’s daring protagonist Bubbles, a plucky monkey living the good life in his lush jungle home. That is until his monkey sweetheart and his group of closest friends are captured by unscrupulous poachers. You’re along for the ride as Bubbles journeys across the jungle collecting fruit as he rescues his friends, encountering new characters and obstacles along the way.
- It’s Better Together: Connect with friends and family in a brand new way with features including:
- Bubbles from Friends: Want more bubbles? You can share bubbles amongst each other mid-game to improve gameplay.
- Level of the Week: Launching soon, participate in a weekly tournament with other friends and family, complete with a leaderboard, to see who can claim victory in-game.
- On Fire Mode: On a roll? Drop fruit 3 times in a row to catch On Fire! Then blast away using explosive bubbles that will clear the hazards.
- Map it Out: Building on the best Zynga games to-date, you will collect doobers, mine, explore and complete quests on your Bubble Safari map to truly immerse yourself in the game.
- Boost Bubbles: With Boost Bubbles, skill and aim become more important since there are a variety of ways to clear the board to get to that next level. Various boost bubbles include:
- Lightning: Strike more than once with powerful bolts that zap angular gaps into the rack of bubbles.
- Sticky bomb: Make that explosion last longer with a boost bubble that gives a delayed reaction.
- Paint Splat: Repaint a wad of bubbles into the same color with this quick splash.
- Steel Crush: The power of steel never ceases to amaze us; watch as this boost bubble obliterates all hazards in harm’s way.
- Coconut: Forget bananas! The favorite of any monkey, this boost bubble pounds the rack.
- Double Rainbow: Connect any colored bubbles together with these magical rainbow bubbles.
- Power-ups: Bubble Safari wouldn’t be a true arcade game without the well-known staple of arcade play. These power-ups are key to your survival in the jungle:
- Gust of Wind: Help to blow all the bubbles towards the fruit baskets.
- Animal Helpers: While they may seem pesky, hummingbirds dance and snakes move to help pile fruit into the baskets and avoid the dead zone.
- Rewind: Looking for that do over button? With this power-up, rewind previous shots to undo your mistakes!
- Creative Hazards: Looking for more of a challenge? Look no further than these features that change the game, with more on the way soon:
- Bee Hive: Adding a new test for players, don’t bug the bees or you’ll suffer the wrath of the harassing hive.
- Spoil Alert: Don’t let your fruit sit out in the sun, and don’t let the spoil hazard wreak havoc! This hazard slowly spoils your fruit.
- Spawner: Think your bubbles are gone, and you’re home free? Think again. The spawner appears on your game board and creates more bubbles to pop.
- Gravity Bubble: Launching soon, this hazard makes your bubble ‘spin me around’ and curve in flight, making gameplay that much more interesting.
- Bounce Bumpers: Remember those bumpers from your days of bowling as a kid (okay, or from last week)? Coming soon, those difficult levels will be as easy as pie with this bumper that deflects your bubble to hit all the right colors.
Bubble Safari, the first game to come out of Zynga San Diego, was developed by some of the most talented names in video game development and design, including Mark Turmell, lead artist Shane Nakamura and general manager Tom Casey. The game falls under Zynga’s new arcade umbrella, bringing back the popular pastime, social escape and thrill of victory that is so familiar to millions of people across the world.
Bubble Safari is free to play and available today on both Zynga.com, and on Facebook at: https://zynga.com/#/play/bubblesafari/. This is the first time a Zynga game has launched simultaneously on both platforms, but only on Zynga.com will players be able to play one of Bubble Safari’s most fun features: Multi-Player Timed Challenges.
Bubble Safari is available in 14 languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (Castilian), Portuguese (Brazilian), Norwegian, Turkish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Danish, Japanese, and Swedish.
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/435c5de7d038a5d64a9a.
To view the Bubble Safari trailer, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNes3j6PJo&feature=youtu.be.
For other information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif.