Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
SEE WHAT YOU’VE BEEN MISSING WITH THE LAUNCH OF ZYNGA’S NEWEST GAME: HIDDEN CHRONICLES
SAN FRANCISCO--January 4, 2012 -- Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) the world’s leading social game developer, today announced the global launch of Hidden Chronicles, the company’s first-ever social hidden object game. Created by some of the most talented women in casual and social game design and entertainment, Hidden Chronicles invites players to find hidden objects, solve puzzles, and unlock mysteries. Marking an entrance into an entirely new game genre for Zynga, Hidden Chronicles combines memory, skill, and social interactions, making it the most social hidden object game available.
In Hidden Chronicles, players explore beautiful scenes to uncover carefully hidden objects while customizing their very own estate. They unlock new locations by completing quests, mastering scenes, solving puzzles, and restoring the estate, Ramsey Manor — while unraveling a mysterious plot along the way. Players advancing through the game will earn coins, experience points, and unique items to help them customize their estate. Hidden Chronicles offers endless combinations of objects, new challenges and a puzzling mystery, delivering a fresh experience to players and their friends every time they play.
“With the introduction of Hidden Chronicles, we’re proud to bring this new social game genre to millions of Zynga players,” said Roy Sehgal, vice president of studios and general manager of Hidden Chronicles, Zynga. “Given the immense popularity of the hidden object genre on the PC and Mac, we have high hopes this game will provide those players a fun introduction to social games, and appeal to brand new hidden objects sleuths as well.”
Hidden Chronicles includes features that stand out in any crowd:
- Mysterious Narrative: You’ll embark on your Hidden Chronicles journey after receiving a letter from your Uncle Geoffrey, summoning you to Ramsey Manor. You arrive only to find that your Uncle died under suspicious circumstances, and left behind a mystery that only you can solve.
- Social Scavenger Hunt: Visit your friends’ in-game estate to hide gifts and challenge them to play ‘FastFind’ scenes and find the most hidden objects within 60 seconds.
- Mini-games, Big Bonuses: Some hidden object scenes include mini-games – from jigsaw puzzles to concentration games. Unlock and solve these puzzles and you will be rewarded handsomely.
- Estate of Secrets: Enjoy the thrill of the hunt that hidden object games offer, along with the fun and familiarity with Zynga's signature elements with self-expression and decoration. Explore your Uncle’s estate to unlock new hidden objects scenes and puzzles to reveal more secrets and bonuses.
- Sophisticated Art Style: Hidden Chronicles introduces a brand new art style for Zynga, with visually stunning scenes and animations, not to mention high-quality sound.
“Hidden object games have existed for years in the form of puzzles, books, and board games,” said Cara Ely, Creative Director of Hidden Chronicles. “We’re bringing this beloved gameplay out of hiding and making it a social experience, so players and their friends can discover the fun of social hidden object games together.”
The creative team behind Hidden Chronicles includes co-creator Cara Ely, former creator of the popular Dream Day Wedding series of hidden object games, narrative designer Jane Jensen, creator of the Gabriel Knight series of PC games, and art director Margaret Foley-Mouvais, former art director for titles such as “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Godfather,” as well as lead product manager Nancy Hang.
Hidden Chronicles is free to play and available today on Facebook at: http://apps.facebook.com/hidden-chronicles. The game is available in 15 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Swedish, Thai, Dutch, Norwegian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Danish.
For more information on Hidden Chronicles, visit: http://www.facebook.com/HiddenChronicles.
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/9bszg89vbfyd4d34u9s2.
To view the Hidden Chronicles trailer, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbZgEta67E.
About Zynga Inc.Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is the world's largest social game developer with more than 227 million monthly active users playing its games, which include CityVille, FarmVille, Words With Friends, CastleVille, Zynga Poker, Empires & Allies, Indiana Jones™ Adventure World, The Pioneer Trail, Mafia Wars and Café World. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco.