Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
Zynga grabs life by the boulders with launch of Adventure World
Discover Ancient Mysteries and Unlock a Whole Wide World of Exploration, Discovery, Puzzle-solving and Spiders. Bug Spray Sold Separately.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - August 5, 2011 - Zynga, the world’s leading social game developer, is proud to reveal a priceless treasure of fun and discovery: the roll out of its newest game, Adventure World. Set during the golden age of exploration, Adventure World unlocks a new universe of exploration and puzzle-solving fun, where players battle nasty critters and trace clues to discover the lost secrets of El Dorado. In Adventure World, players explore a vast universe of five worlds – Deep Jungle, Mountain, Cavern, Volcano and El Dorado – including more than 30 dynamic environments. The first game to be developed by the company’s Zynga Boston studio, Adventure World is the most feature-rich game Zynga has ever released at launch.
In Adventure World, players customize a 3-D avatar and stockpile an inventory of specialized adventure tools and gadgets - machetes, pickaxes, whips, dynamite and grappling hooks - to help traverse wild environments and dangerous booby traps. The game quickly sets players off on a runaway mine cart of adventure, as they follow a rich storyline to uncover the lost city of gold, El Dorado.
Just like mom used to say, when entering a dark, creepy temple, make sure to drag some friends along too. Players hand-select and control a crew of up to 12 Facebook friends across their game boards, using those players’ special tools and abilities to dispatch enemies, unlock puzzles and progress across treacherous lands.
“When we joined the Zynga family a year ago, our goal was to not only create a game unlike any other in the social gaming space today, but to create a completely new genre,” said Nabeel Hyatt, general manager of Zynga Boston. “We call this genre social adventure, one where players can explore, discover and team up with friends on an adventure of a lifetime. We hope our players have as much fun playing the game as we had building it.”
Adventure World marks several firsts* for Zynga from puzzle-solving, in-game combat, new social mechanics and definitive art-style to the proprietary technology used to create the gigantic universe of Adventure World.
Stand out features of Adventure World include:
- A ginormous game: A total game board that is more than 40 times the size of past Zynga games, such as FarmVille.
- Not just snakes. Angry snakes: A huge variety of art and game assets larger than any previous Zynga game at launch. The game includes over 1,000 distinct art assets including five kinds of snakes, four kinds of spiders, and two kinds of rams - all with different levels of irritability.
- A deep storyline: A deep storyline that only a world of its size can contain. The designers of Adventure World have written over 200 quests and hand-placed over 20,000 objects across 30 maps.
- A deeper closet of fancy outfits: An endless amount of character customizations. Player can chose from over 10,000 different avatar variations at launch.
To build these vast, interactive environments, Zynga Boston created a next-generation flash engine from scratch. The engine is proprietary to Zynga and consists of two components:
- Advanced rendering technology that delivers fast performance, higher frame rates and 3D-like worlds.
- A world editor that allows the team to build much larger, more detailed worlds and highly interactive environments that include puzzle-based gameplay.
Adventure World will be available at http://www.facebook.com/adventureworld in eight languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish and Norwegian.
For game assets and additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: https://zynga.box.net/shared/tx0iuxju2qe1h1r9xpf3. More information can also be found via the Zynga blog post at: http://www.zynga.com/about/blog.php
*Full legal disclosure: It’s also the first game to feature a pygmy princess.
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. is the world's leading social game developer with more than 232 million monthly active users playing their games which include CityVille, FarmVille, Empires & Allies, FrontierVille, Words With Friends, Mafia Wars, Zynga Poker, Cafe World, and Treasure Isle. Zynga Inc games are available on a number of global platforms including Facebook, Google+, Tencent, MySpace, Yahoo, the iPad, the iPhone and Android devices. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or www.zynga.org.