Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
Zynga Launches First Internationally Localized Game, Zynga Texas Poker
World’s Largest Poker Game Now Available in Traditional Chinese
Zynga Gives Away Largest Prizes in Company History with 8,888 Vegas-Style Chips to All Local Players and Launch of "ShootOut" $880,000 Taiwanese Dollar-Tournament
August 17, 2010
San Francisco, CA – Zynga today announced the beta launch of its first internationally localized game, Zynga Texas Poker, in traditional Chinese. Zynga Poker, the company’s first game, launched in July 2007 and the third most popular game on Facebook globally with more than 28 million people playing monthly, is now available on Facebook in Hong Kong and Taiwan as Zynga Texas Poker.
“We are excited to bring poker to Hong Kong and Taiwan and connect local players to the nearly 30 million people around the world who are already active on Zynga Poker,” said Mark Pincus, founder and CEO, Zynga. “Zynga Texas Poker allows people to play with friends in traditional Chinese and make new friends while competing within the largest poker game globally.”
Zynga Poker, the world's largest poker game, allows players to test their skill for free against other players around the world in traditional Chinese or in English. Players enter the casino lobby and have the option to play at any table, meet new people from around the world, or join friends for a game. Players choose from casual Hold 'Em tables, tournament play or VIP tables. A leader board shows players how they compare in chip ranking to other players and allows players to send or receive gifts. Also available to players is the ability to personalize their seat at the table by visiting the gift shop.
The beta launch of Zynga Texas Poker, introduces the largest prize in company history. All Zynga Texas Poker players in Taiwan and Hong Kong are welcomed into the new game with a full stack of 8,888 Vegas-style Poker chips. Additionally, this month the grand prize for the "ShootOut" tournament allows local players to compete for a grand prize of $880,000 Taiwanese dollars. To play Zynga Texas Poker, please visit www.zyngapoker.com.
Zynga Texas Poker game features include:
Zynga Poker Stats:
- Zynga Texas Poker is a part of the global network of 215 million connected friends that play Zynga games monthly.
- Zynga Poker players represent more than 100 countries.
- Every day, Zynga Poker players spend 685 years worth of time bluffing, going all in, and winning. (360 million minutes of play time daily)
- Every minute - 90,000 players within Zynga Poker goes "all in."
- 28 million people globally play Zynga Poker monthly.
- 5.6 million people globally play Zynga Poker daily (54 times the number of people that visit Las Vegas daily).
- After only 3 years, Zynga Poker is one of Zynga's most popular games and is the #3 most popular application on Facebook globally.
- On an average day 375,000 Zynga Poker players are simultaneously playing together live.
- 44 billion chips are won in Zynga Poker ShootOut tournaments daily.
Today’s announcement comes on the heels of several recent announcements in Asia including the May acquisition of Beijing-based social gaming company XPD Media, the Softbank financing and establishment of the Zynga Japan joint venture, as well as Zynga Japan's acquisition of the Tokyo-based startup Unoh.
Zynga is the world’s largest social game developer. More than 215 million monthly active users play its games. Zynga’s games include FarmVille, Treasure Isle, Zynga Poker, Mafia Wars, YoVille, Café World, FishVille, PetVille and FrontierVille. Zynga games are available on Facebook, MySpace and the iPhone. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $3 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or www.zynga.org.