Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
Zynga Launches Mafia Wars: Las Vegas With A Bang
Game Launch Culminates With Live Webcast of Armored Truck Explosion
to Commemorate 10 Million Visits
August 4, 2010
San Francisco, CA – Zynga announced today the launch of Mafia Wars: Las Vegas, its fifth Mafia Wars city expansion. The company also unveiled a game challenge that includes the explosion of a four-ton armored truck in the Las Vegas desert when 10 million players visit the new city. The event brings to life an actual in-game challenge, where players can band together to blow up an armored truck. Mafia Wars: Las Vegas debuted in beta on July 21 and the number of players, which has already reached 3 million, is being tracked live at www.mafiawarslv.com where the explosion will also be webcast live for the world to see.
Mafia Wars: Las Vegas by the numbers:
- 3 million people have visited Mafia Wars: Las Vegas since its beta launch
- 7 million Vegas gifts have been sent per day
- 8.5 million casino properties have been upgraded
- 1.5 billion jobs have been done in Vegas including 250 MM fights, 100 MM robberies and 80 MM tournament fights
Mafia Wars: Las Vegas new game features include:
- A new property system called “My Casino” that allows players to look inside the casino and purchase items
- All new “tournament” fighting system featuring lightweight and heavyweight categories (depending on number of friends)
- More than 800 new art assets
- 60 new jobs launched
- 100 new items (armors, weapons, vehicles, and animals) to collect
- All new “choose your path” jobs system that is more customized to the players’ interests
“We want to continually deliver the most exciting game experience for our community and expanding the game to Vegas was the obvious next step,” said Scott Koenigsberg, Mafia Wars general manager at Zynga. “New and existing players are flocking to Vegas – more jobs are being done there than anywhere else. This launch also marks an exciting first, where our players take action in-game and can experience the consequences of their actions taken offline with the armored car explosion.”
Additional game activities include a $25,000 giveaway and multi-city promotions in New York and Las Vegas featuring Mafia Wars armored cars and chalk outlines of bodies throughout the cities. If a player visits Vegas, or anyone in their mafia visits, the players get automatic entries into a drawing to win $25,000. Additionally, each week 10 people will win a custom Mafia Wars iPad.
Please visit www.mafiawarslv.com for more information.
Zynga’s games include FarmVille, Treasure Isle, Zynga Poker, Mafia Wars, YoVille, Café World, FishVille, PetVille and FrontierVille. Zynga games are available on Facebook, MySpace and the iPhone. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised over $3 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in Potrero Hill in San Francisco. For more information, visit www.zynga.com or www.zynga.org.