Press ReleasesBack to All Press Releases
ZYNGA’S CHEFVILLE SERVES UP NEW “GAME TO TABLE” EXPERIENCE
Zynga’s fresh addition to the ‘ville’ genre reimagines restaurant social games by rewarding players with real recipes for in-game progression
SAN FRANCISCO – August 6, 2012 – Zynga, (NASDAQ: ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, today announced the launch of ChefVille, the most social, expressive, next-generation cooking game. ChefVille is Zynga’s juicy new take on restaurant games, delivering an experience that bakes in self-expression, crafting, exploration and social delight, as well as real world tie-ins that bring more opportunities for players to connect with friends and family outside of the game.
ChefVille takes players on a culinary journey around the world, letting them create their dream restaurant – from the decor to the cuisine – and run the kitchen by cooking up more than 200 tasty dishes. Each player in the game is an ingredient specialist. As players progress in the game they become culinary assets to their friends, helping them build out their restaurants and complete dishes by sharing ingredients they may need such as oranges and tomatoes.
Adding more spice to ChefVille– the game’s veritable secret sauce – is “Game to Table,” a Zynga first that gives players real world rewards for playing. As certain dishes are mastered in ChefVille, players are emailed real recipes that correlate with the dishes they’ve completed in the game. There are currently more than 50 real recipes to earn, giving ChefVille players an opportunity to take their in-game experiences offline and connect with friends and family around the dinner table. ChefVille players also have the chance to show off their own recipes in the game as part of ChefVille’s “Table to Game” feature. Whether it’s your family’s prized Bolognese recipe or the perfect salsa verde, every ChefVille player has a chance to become part of the game and take other players on a culinary adventure.
“We put our heart and soul into cooking up ChefVille for our players. Our goal at Zynga is to create the most social games on the planet that enrich relationships with friends and family for our players,” said Jonathan Knight, General Manager of ChefVille, Zynga. “ChefVille brings social gaming full circle. We’re giving players a chance to take a ‘snack break’ from their day and connect online with friends, but also dish out real recipes that we hope serve as a catalyst for continued dining experiences with loved ones at home.”
Mouthwatering features players will find in ChefVille include:
- Design your dream restaurant – Players can build their ultimate restaurant – whether in the Tuscan countryside, a quaint Main Street town, a 50s diner or a seaside harbor – and unlock beautiful cooking equipment such as a grill, brick oven, wok, sushi station or cold station.
- Culinary specialist – Players and their friends become ingredient specialists by exploring new worlds of food and new terrains, making them culinary assets to their friends.
- Call on your neighbors – Just like borrowing a cup of sugar from a neighbor in the real world, if a player realizes they need a lemon to complete a dish they can visit a friend’s restaurant for one if that friend is serving up a dish that uses lemons.
- The VIP treatment – ChefVille includes an extra social element called “VIP Service.” Players can serve their friends dishes, send them flowers and bring in outside entertainment like musicians.
- Cooking Academy – As players progress in the game, they can join the ChefVille “Cooking Academy” and unlock new cuisines, cookware, crafting stations, ingredients, recipes and trophies.
Building upon the game and social mechanics from the most successful ‘ville’ games before it, including CastleVille, YoVille, FarmVille, FrontierVille, CityVille and TheVille, ChefVille is a true evolution of the ‘ville’ genre, giving players a chance to express themselves inside and outside of the game.
The game is available in 17 languages, including English, Danish, Dutch, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and traditional Chinese.
ChefVille is free to play on Facebook at: http://apps.facebook.com/chefville, and it will be launching soon on Zynga.com.
Game logo and images can be found here: https://zynga.box.com/s/5ba63caf511c5f2dda62
The ChefVille trailer can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfYKf8Fsv0A
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is the world's leading provider of social game services with more than 305 million monthly active users playing its games, which include FarmVille, Words With Friends, Matching With Friends, Scramble With Friends, The Ville, Bubble Safari, Ruby Blast, Draw Something, Zynga Slingo, CastleVille, CityVille, Hidden Chronicles, Zynga Poker, Zynga Bingo, Zynga Slots, Empires & Allies, The Pioneer Trail, and Mafia Wars. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif.